Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I'm a nuun Ambassabor


I'm a 2017 nuun Ambassador!!!!  

In December, nuun sent out an email opening the application process to for their 2017 Ambassador program.  I've been a long time fan of nuun; it just works for me.  I've tried a multitude of products--from electrolyte/ salt tablets (which cause me to retain a lot of fluid) to sports drinks loaded with sugar and carbohydrates that never agreed with me (and now that I'm a Low Carb, High Fat runner, sugary sports drinks don't work for me at all.)  And I've never found a hydration solution as easy to use, tastes as good, and works so well as nuun.  

So I decided to apply to be an Ambassador.  

Before I go any further, let me explain what nuun is--in case you do not know.  nuun makes what I'd call a hydration solution.  nuun comes as an effervescent tablet that you drop into your water and let dissolve (I find it takes about 1-2 minutes to completely dissolve.)  There are four major types of nuun: nuun Active--one tablet makes 16 ounces of a 10 calorie, 1 carb, electrolyte replacement (sodium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium) drink.  nuun Energy which adds plant sourced (green tea) caffeine to the nuun Active to boost your energy when you need it.  nuun Vitamins has some important vitamins but not the electrolytes found in nuun Active and nuun Caffeine.  nuun Vitamins is made for every day, all day hydration--I like it because it gives my water a fizz and great flavor that helps me get in my daily water intake.  And finally, plus for nuun--a tablet you add to nuun Active or nuun Energy that adds "fuel" (carbohydrates.)

SO.....

On Monday night, Dawn and I were on our way home from a puppy kindergarten class with Onyx and Joule--our Chesapeake Bay Retriever puppies-- and I told her that I was hoping that nuun was going to notify me soon about my status into the program.  I opened my email, Dawn was driving, and there it was!  My Welcome to the nuuniverse email!  

That night I added my nuunbassabor badge to the blog, my Twitter, and Instagram.  I searched #nuunlife, #nuunbassador, and #nuun2017 on Twitter and read the happy tweets of my fellow Ambassadors.  I even started following them!!!  Yes, I am excited about the program!!

And here's why:

First, and I'll say it again, I love the product.  It tastes good, is easy to use (just drop a tablet in your water and let it dissolve,) and sits well on my stomach during a long, slow run in the hot summer.  nuun Vitamins is great to carry with me in my lunch box for all day hydration and has helped me kick my soda habit by supplying my water with some carbonation and flavor.  The tubes fit easily into my running vest, so carrying my electrolyte replacement is a breeze.  And there are so many flavors to chose from! Win.

Second, and this may be a continuation of my first point, but the product is all natural.  It's gluten free (I have Celiac disease) and the nuun Active and nuun Vitamins only have 10 calories per serving and 1 gram of carbohydrates.  This means nuun fits my Low Carb, High Fat lifestyle and I don't have to worry about it upsetting my gut.  Win. Win.

Third, being a nuunbassador gives my running a little something extra.  I love to talk about running. And as an "all things running geek," I thrive on discussing training, gear, products, etc. with people.  So promoting nuun is going to be a lot of fun for me--I love promoting the things I believe in!!!  Plus, the online community with the other Ambassadors gives me a forum to talk "all things running" outside of the few Facebook groups I belong and with the folks from Steel City Road Runners. Win. Win. Win.

And last, and most important, I like to help people.  As an outside salesman, my job is to provide solutions for my customers needs.  And since I love the running community and am an extrovert through and through, being out there at group runs, races, and on social media talking about how I use nuun and how it works so well for me may help someone else discover how great nuun is for them!!  I can help people find their hydration solutions too!! Win. Win. Win.Win.

So if you need to improve your hydration, click on the 2017 Ambassador Badge above and check out nuun.  You'll be glad you did!!

By the way, I'm a bit excited about being a nuun Ambassador... 

I run for my life!  What do you run for?
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment